Forward Air Controller's Association
The Forward Air Controllers Association is a fraternal organization of personnel who supported and flew the Forward Air Control mission during the war in Southeast Asia. Our mission is to foster comradeship generated in that endeavor; to preserve the history of the Forward Air Controller and to memorialize a legacy of honorable service. To do that we hold periodic reunions; have erected monuments to the fallen; published books; maintain an online chat room and this website. Forward Air Controllers represented several countries, and many branches of service. They flew a variety of aircraft and ranged in rank from the lowest to the highest. It was a chancy mission, many gave all, yet the job satisfaction was through the overhead. As a result bonds were formed and a legacy worth preserving too.
The fundamental purpose of the Forward Air Controller's Association is defined in Article II of the By-Laws. They are:
- Remember those we left behind, and carry on programs to perpetuate their memory.
- Promote Forward Air Control (FAC) camaraderie.
- Preserve the FAC history.
- Promote the social welfare and common good of the community.
- Assist our disabled, hospitalized, and needy veterans, and members of the Armed Forces, and their dependents, widows and orphans.
- Conduct programs for patriotic, charitable, literary, or educational purposes, not limited to, but particularly in any such matters having to do with Forward Air Control.
Non-profit: The Forward Air Controllers Association is a non-commercial, non-partisan, non-sectarian, non-profit organization organized under Section 501(c)19 of the Internal Revenue Code. To read a copy of the IRS recognition letters click here.
- Note: There are two letters here, a confirmation letter dated Dec 2013 and the original determination letter dated Jun 2009 along with instructions.
Bylaws: To read the current Forward Air Controller's Association Bylaws, click here.
- Note: An Archive of passed, non-current bylaws exist. To enter it click here.
Membership: If you are considering becoming a member click here.